We currently have one open position for postdocs (or senior phd students). Check here.
We are continuously looking for outstanding candidates (master students, Ph.D. students, and Post docs) to strengthen our team and support our research and teaching activities.
What we offer
- A program to acquire a Ph.D. in computer science (3-5 years), significantly improve your analytic, scientific, problem-solving, and communication skills and increase your “market value”
- Become a world-wide expert in your field
- Work with a new group of young, highly talented, open minded, multi national researchers
- Participate in German, European, and international research projects, with industry and academic partners from a.o. Canada, USA, India, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, UK, Sweden, and Spain
- Publish and participate in world class conferences such as the International Conference on Software Engineering or the International Conference on Requirements Engineering
- Opportunity to travel frequently to project meetings or to conferences and workshops
- Opportunity to spend time with one of our partners abroad, if interested
- Live in the beautiful and vibrant city of Hamburg, one of the top destinations in Europe
What we expect
- A Master degree (for a Ph.D. position) or a Ph.D. degree (for a postdoc position) with a very good grade
- High interests in research and education, in particular around the fields Software Engineering, Empirical Research, Mobile Computing, Context Aware Adaptive Systems, and Requirements Engineering
- Ability to work in international teams
- High level of flexibility and independence
- Good German and/or English skills
- Industrial experience and other technical and soft skills are also very welcome
The university of Hamburg is a certified “Family friendly University”. The department of informatics is striving to achieve a more even gender balance in its research and teaching staff and women are especially invited to apply for these positions.
How to apply
You should send your application via email to Prof. Dr. Walid Maalej maalej(at)informatik.uni-hamburg.de as one PDF file including:
- A short cover letter explaining your research interests and goals (max 2 pages). We recommend to show the relevance of your interests to currents projects, papers, and activities at MOBIS.
- Curriculum vitae (including publications if any)
- Academic records
- Two reference letter for postdocs
Note: Only electronic applications with all needed documents and in one single PDF document will be considered. Otherwise your application might get desk rejected.