Short CV | Research Interests | Projects | Teaching | Publications | Student Projects
Room: D 215
Phone: (+49) 040 428 83-2314
Zijad Kurtanović is a research associate and a doctoral candidate at the Mobile Services and Context Aware Software Engineering Group. He holds a master’s degree (Dipl.-Inf.) in computer science with minor in mathematics from the Goethe University Frankfurt.
He has several years of experience in industry as a software engineer and began his research in 2010 as an external PhD candidate at Goethe University Frankfurt in the field of multi-agent systems (knowledge acquisition and automated negotiation).
- Software Engineering and Management
- Data Analytics
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning
- Recommender Systems
- Empirical Research
- Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- OPENREQ: Intelligent Recommendation & Decision Technologies for Community-Driven Requirements Engineering
- SCAn: Systematic Content Analysis of User Comments for Journalists
- Software Requirements (Lecture, ST 2016)
- EMSE: Empirical Software Engineering (Seminar, ST 2016)
- Foundations of Software Requirements and User Participation (Proseminar, ST 2016)
- Doctoral Seminar (ST 2016)
- EMSE: Empirical Software Engineering (Exam, WT 2015/2016)
- Software Requirements (Lecture, WT 2015/2016)
- EMSE: Empirical Software Engineering (Seminar, WT 2015/2016)
- Doctoral Seminar (WT 2015/2016)
- M-Lab: Mobile Services Lab (Master Project & Seminar, WT 2014/2015)
- EMSE: Empirical Software Engineering (Exam, WT 2014/2015)
- Software Requirements (Lecture, WT 2014/2015)
- EMSE: Empirical Software Engineering (Seminar, WT 2014/2015)
- M-Lab: Mobile Services Lab (Master Project & Seminar, ST 2014)
- M-Lab: Mobile Services Lab (Bachelor Project, WT 2013/2014)
- M-Lab: Mobile Services Lab (Master Project & Seminar, ST 2013)
- Walid Maalej, Zijad Kurtanovic, Hadeer Nabil, and Christoph Stanik: On the Automatic Classification of App Reviews. Requirements Engineering, Springer-Verlag London, 2016, doi:10.1007/s00766-016-0251-9.
- Nedaa Zirjawi, Zijad Kurtanovic, and Walid Maalej: A Survey about User Requirements for Biometric Authentication on Smartphones. 2nd Workshop on Evolving Security and Privacy Requirements Engineering (ESPRE), Page(s): 1-6, IEEE, 2015.
- Walid Maalej, Zijad Kurtanovic, and Alexander Felfernig: What Stakeholders Need to Know About Requirements. 4th Workshop on Empirical Requirements Engineering (EmpiRE) held at RE 2014, Page(s): 64-71, IEEE, 2014.
- Schumann, René, Zijad Kurtanovic, and Ingo J. Timm: Specification of Trade-Off Strategies for Agents: A Model-Driven Approach. In Agent-Oriented Software Engineering XIII, Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013.
- Schumann, René; Kurtanovic, Zijad; Timm, Ingo J.: Model-driven Specification of Strategies for Negotiating Agents. Proceedings of the 13th. International Workshop on Agent-Oriented Software Engineering (AOSE) held at AAMAS 2012, Valencia, Spain, 2012.
- T. Reetz: A Recommender Framework for Skills Management (since 12/2016)
- J. Schmid: Automatic Mining of Pro and Contra Arguments in Online Discussion (05/2016 – 11/2016)
- D. Dabrowski: Systematic Mining of User Rationale in Software Reviews (09/2015 – 03/2016)
- S. Müller: Relationship between Price and User Requirements in App Stores (04/2015 – 10/2015)
- M. Peterlein: A Case Study about Supporting Requirements Decisions By Considering User Feedback (02/2015 – 07/2015)
If you intend to write your thesis at MAST, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. Please send me an email with your contact information, your short CV, and your topic or idea of interest.