Open Position for Postdoctoral Researcher
With immediate effect we recruit a postdoctoral research associate for our new European Research Project OPENREQ.
The contract is initially running for at two years, with an extension option for one additional year. The position is full- time. The selected candidate will be remunerated on the basis of the TV-L salary scale. The desirable start is January 1st 2017.
You will work in the intersection of the following fields:
- Requirements engineering and management
- Empirical software engineering and software analytics
- Recommender systems, machine learning, and decision support technologies.
This position is coupled with the recently accepted H2020 research project OPENREQ. The project involves 9 European institutions and is coordinated by us. The aim is to develop an innovative, open source recommendation & decision support platform that assist stakeholders during requirements engineering, release planning, and software evolution tasks.
The project is set in an international and multi-disciplinary environment, involving partners from software industry, telecommunication, transportation and the open source community.
You will also have multiple opportunities to interact with other researchers and projects at the research group lead by Prof. Maalej.
Tasks and duties:
- Conduct your own research including conception, development, experimentation, and evaluation tasks
- Coordinate research activities, co-supervise students and junior researches
- Publish and disseminate the research results
- PhD degree (or expected soon) in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- Excellent grades and academic record
- Very high level of commitment, responsibility and self-initiative
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Practical experience in software development and management
- Experience in research projects
- Intercultural understanding and curiosity to work in new environments and on new topics
- German language skills are of advantage
Applications should include a brief letter of motivation (max. 1 page), the curriculum vitae, a list of publications, a list of at least three referees with full coordinates, one selected scientific paper with main contribution of the applicant, and copies of degree certificate(s).
Please send your application as ONE PDF file (max 10 MB) to: ed.grubmah-inu.kitamrofninull@jelaam
The University aims to increase the number of women in research and teaching and explicitly encourages women to apply.
Applications received by November 26th 2016 will get priority.
For further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Walid Maalej: tel. +4940428 83–2187; email: ed.grubmah-inu.kitamrofninull@jelaam