Architecture for Mobile Services
Prof. Dr. Walid Maalej
Zardosht Hodaie, Timo Johann and Rebecca Tiarks
Master (Informatics, ITMC, Intelligent Adaptive Systems, Information Systems)
In the seminar we will discuss advanced topics of Architecture for Mobile Services. The student task will consists of:
- Reading suggested papers and doing research about the topic
- Preparing a 30 min. presentation including 10 min. discussion
- Preparing an extended abstract (2 pages) to summarize the topic (including the student’s opinion about it.)
When preparing your presentation, the following questions should be considered:
- What is the problem related to this topic?
- Why do we need this?
- What is the status quo?
- Which solution approaches and software architectures exist?
- Can I give a demo?
- What are open issues for future research?
Mobile development platforms: status and trends
Platform architecture portfolio: comparison of 3 platforms
Usability engineering for mobile
Usability engineering and Personalized Interface Design
Amir Ghias Abadi
Enabling user involvements
Service-oriented architectures for mobile
Mobile services in the cloud
Performance and privacy patterns
Context aware architectures for mobile
Architectures of mobile adaptive systems
- Gavalas, Damianos, and Daphne Economou. “Development platforms for mobile applications: Status and trends.”A�Software, IEEEA�28.1 (2011): 77-86.
- Charland, Andre, and Brian Leroux. “Mobile application development: web vs. native.”A�Communications of the ACMA�54.5 (2011): 49-53.
- Goadrich, Mark H., and Michael P. Rogers. “Smart smartphone development: ios versus android.”A�Proceedings of the 42nd ACM technical symposium on Computer science education. ACM, 2011.
- Lin, Feida, and Weiguo Ye. “Operating system battle in the ecosystem of smartphone industry.”A�Information Engineering and Electronic Commerce, 2009. IEEC’09. International Symposium on. IEEE, 2009.
- Biel, Bettina, Thomas Grill, and Volker Gruhn. “Exploring the benefits of the combination of a software architecture analysis and a usability evaluation of a mobile application.”A�Journal of Systems and SoftwareA�83.11 (2010): 2031-2044.
- Cutugno, Francesco, et al. “Multimodal framework for mobile interaction.”Proceedings of the International Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces. ACM, 2012.
- Mayer, JA�rg H., and Timm Weitzel. “Appropriate Interface Designs for Mobile End-User Devices–Up Close and Personalized Executive Information Systems as an Example.”A�System Science (HICSS), 2012 45th Hawaii International Conference on. IEEE, 2012.
- Kakousis, Konstantinos, Nearchos Paspallis, and George Angelos Papadopoulos. “A survey of software adaptation in mobile and ubiquitous computing.”A�Enterprise Information SystemsA�4.4 (2010): 355-389.
- Papageorgiou, Apostolos, et al. “Bridging the gaps towards structured mobile SOA.”A�Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia. ACM, 2009.
- Natchetoi, Yuri, Viktor Kaufman, and Albina Shapiro. “Service-oriented architecture for mobile applications.”A�Proceedings of the 1st international workshop on Software architectures and mobility. ACM, 2008.
- La, Hyun Jung, Ho Joong Lee, and Soo Dong Kim. “An efficiency-centric design methodology for mobile application architectures.”A�Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob), 2011 IEEE 7th International Conference on. IEEE, 2011.
- Cuervo, Eduardo, et al. “MAUI: making smartphones last longer with code offload.”A�Proceedings of the 8th international conference on Mobile systems, applications, and services. ACM, 2010.
- Dinh, Hoang T., et al. “A survey of mobile cloud computing: architecture, applications, and approaches.”A�Wireless Communications and Mobile ComputingA�(2011).
- Qi, Han, and Abdullah Gani. “Research on mobile cloud computing: Review, trend and perspectives.”A�Digital Information and Communication Technology and it’s Applications (DICTAP), 2012 Second International Conference on. IEEE, 2012.
- Haderer, Nicolas, Romain Rouvoy, and Lionel Seinturier. “AntDroid: A distributed platform for mobile sensing.” (2012).
- Lane, Nicholas D., et al. “A survey of mobile phone sensing.”A�Communications Magazine, IEEEA�48.9 (2010): 140-150.
- Bellavista, Paolo, et al. “A survey of context data distribution for mobile ubiquitous systems.”A�ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR)A�44.4 (2012): 24.
- Iglesias Alvarez, JosuA�, et al. “A light reasoning infrastructure to enable context aware mobile applications.” (2010).
- Maalej, Walid, and Dennis Pagano. “On the socialness of software.”Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing (DASC), 2011 IEEE Ninth International Conference on. IEEE, 2011.
- Seyff, N., G. Ollmann, and M. Bortenschlager. “iRequire: Gathering end-user requirements for new apps.”A�Requirements Engineering Conference (RE), 2011 19th IEEE International. IEEE, 2011.
- Magnusson, Peter R., Jonas Matthing, and Per Kristensson. “Managing User Involvement in Service Innovation Experiments with Innovating End Users.”Journal of Service ResearchA�6.2 (2003): 111-124.