Lecturer | Teaching AssistantsA�| LevelA�|A�Description |A�Relevant Seminar |Course Material |A�Recommended LiteratureA�
Prof. Dr. Walid Maalej
Mathias Ellmann and Christoph Stanik
Master: Informatics, ITMC, Intelligent Adaptive Systems, Information Systems.
This course is part of the module “Empirical Software Engineering”.
The lecture “Software Patterns” deals with the topic Software Engineering Knowledge using empirical, experience-based patterns to solve typical recurring problems in software projects. This applies to both classic design patterns (patterns and anti-patterns), which are known in the field of Software Architecture, as well as modern, domain- and task-specific patterns such as process and project management patterns, or usability patterns.
- Design patterns (Adapter, Bridge, Proxy, Observer, MVC, Mediator, Strategy, Command)
- Architecture patterns (Layered Systems, Repository, Client-Server,A� Client-Dispatcher-Server, Broker, OSGi)
- Testing patterns
- Usability patterns and anti- patterns for mobile apps
- Patterns for adaptivity and context-awareness
- Requirements patterns
- Empirical patterns
- Organizational patterns
- Patterns in open source development
- Innovation management, retrospective
- Meta-Patterns, pattern definitions
- Sources of patterns (Empirical, Experience)
- Templates for capturing patterns
- Basic knowledge in empirical methods and how they can be applied in the field of software engineering
- Current topics in experience-based software patterns
- Insights about the state of the art and current research topics in software engineeringA�
The weekly material can be accessed onA�MIN-CommSy. Within this workspace please join the group: MOBIS- 14 WS -Lecture Software Patterns.
Chistopher Alexander, Sara Ishikawa, Murray Silverstein, Max Jacobsen, Ingrid Fiksdahl-King and Shlomo Angel:
A Pattern Language
Oxford University Press, 1977.
Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson and John Vlissides:
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software.
Addison Wesley, 1994.
Frank Buschmann, Regine Meunier, Hans Rohnert, Peter Sommerlad and Michael Stal:
Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture: A System of Patterns.
Mobile Design Pattern Gallery: UI Patterns for Smartphone Apps.
O’Reily Media, Inc., 2014.